Thursday, February 12, 2009

2 Degrees of Separation

I’ve now talked to a few people here and discovered that everyone seems to know each other. The whole 6 degrees of separation thing is being blown out of the water and I’m beginning to think it’s closer to 2. I sent an email a while back announcing my arrival in Kigali and was pleasantly surprised when Jared, a friend of mine, wrote back with the name of a friend I should meet, Oliver, who happens to be here in Rwanda as well. Well, I shot Oliver an email and he invited me out to dinner with a few of his friends for this Friday night.

Later, I was talking to another friend of mine, Jon, who’s completely disconnected to Jared, and find out that Jon actually worked for Oliver when he was here in Rwanda.

Later still, I was telling Amy, one of the girls that’s living in my house this week, about how I thought it would help if I could get an intern the work on the project with me. She was mentioning how she knew a few people that might be able to help, and that I could probably find an intern through the Orphans of Rwanda organization. Well, goodness me, guess who founded that organization? Oliver. I haven’t yet even met this dude, and I’ve heard his name so much already.

No comments: