Sunday, February 24, 2008

Living in a Hotel

I never understood people that chose to live in Hotels until I became one of them.  After living on Avenida Independencia for 5 weeks in Bs As, I wanted to try something else.  I spent much of last week looking at random apartments and trying to get a feel for the different neighborhoods - their prices, the kinds of apartments they offer, and whether or not it would be worth it for me to move into an apartment for only 5 weeks.

Well, there were a bunch of options, but they all reminded me of very sad apartments in NYC - too small, with every millimeter of space being used for something - and old as hell.  Creaky to the point that you wonder if the mice have eaten away the support beams.  So I was pretty disheartened when Matías suggested we look into his discount at the local Hotel for people in the Navy (no matter what country they're from).

Suddenly, I have a fancy schmancy room in a hotel for the price of a hostel in the city here.... I have to pay about $350 for 5 weeks.  That ROCKS.  I was paying $100/week in my homestay, so I'm saving money, AND I get this am-MAZ-ing breakfast every day.  My life is awesome.  I'm living like a princess.  whoo hoooo.

No comments: