Friday, May 23, 2008

RAIN!!

Woah woah WOAH! My definition of a summer storm has suddenly been ripped to shreds by giant bolts of lightning and earth-shattering strikes of thunder. Last night it rained so hard for so long there were times I wondered if we were experiencing a hurricane. Bluefields is famous for hurricanes, after all. I couldn't even hear any dogs!

But this morning, the day had settled itself into a pattern of heavy showers and occasional, not-earthquake-inducing thunder rolls. According to the volunteers, we've officially entered the rainy season. Between now and when I leave at the end of September, it will supposedly get more and more rainy. I'm not sure how that's going to happen seeing as this was the worst summer storm I've ever lived through... but we'll see.

No comments: